Saturday, August 16, 2003

geog sux. physical geog i mean. i screwed up big time man... real big time... guess my dad's gonna come to sch.
smth been's bothering me up dere. do i lik her? i know its impossible bet. us. i know it is impossible.. then y am i thinking of it? nvm.. @ least i have my sister by my side... her name is....*drum roll* * LIM LI YEN* dunno whether can trust her to be my side when i need her... theoretically can lar... practically.. dun think so..always flirting with other guys =)
and tt gal mentioned above is not yan sze... u ppl ah... always think too much...

anyway... i miss ya pple... i miss e carefree sec sch days where everyone was so slack and happy together... now my exclassmates like yong shen and jun kok and subra... all pia one sia... haix... i hope i can pia too...

a poem for li yen
I'll do whatever I can for you-
Buy every piece of land for you,
But then I'd have a fear of giving you
Too much to take care of.

I could fly to the heavens and catch the moon,
But I might cause the sun to come up too soon.
I could entice the shining stars
Into their very own quart jars.

But of what benefit am I,
If I take the light from your sky?
I could pick all the flowers and fill your room,
But then- when would the outside be rid of gloom?

I could scoop up all the waters of the sea, clear and cool,
But what good are the crashing waves in a silent pool?
So what, my love, can I really do to truly profit you?

I could probably steal your heart, if I tried hard enough
But wouldn't theft defeat the purpose of love-
Which is to wholly give your heart to another
Without disguise or sly cover-

What happiness has a caged bird that sings?
For a caged bird cannot spread the song without wings.
So, I'll leave you to love whom you will, my dear,
And maybe soon your heart's own gravity will pull you here.

for yan sze:
May your skies forever be blue,
and may your stars forever shine true.
May the kiss of the sun protect you from cold,
and light up your way, with fingers of gold.

May the kiss of the moon lull you softly to sleep,
bringing gossamer dreams, ever gentle and sweet.
And may your stars forever shine true,
casting silvery magic on all that you do.

for ena:
I remember this spot, this path,
I remember it like it was yesterday.

So long ago it seems
I came here,
on this very spot, looking down
this very familiar path.
The sign still stands, as if
it has just been put up, but
I knew better, I was here
before.

As I stand here I remember
how I got here,
who I left behind and
the pain of leaving.
I have seen many places,
and learned many things,
in my wanderlust of death.
I have seen death and devastation,
life and creation.
All opposites of the same coin.

I sense something behind me.
As I whirl around, before me is a mirror
in it I see myself... long ago.
How young and impetous I was, I think.
The mirror vanished admist my museings.
Again, before me stood the old sign
except it read diffrently...
it said:

The path to you

Death is but a doorway
into ourselves.