Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Autumn

The wicked sky is an oil painting
smeared and fading
shielding the warmth of the dying sun

Petals of autumn leaves fall ahead of me
swinging me with the wind
so cold and lonely
savagely creeping into my skin
forcing me to feel pain and the freezing snow

The leaves fall
a breeze sweeps them into the air
and my heart goes with them

Are they destined to die
or will the cruel windstorm
break their fragile hands and feet?

If only you were here...
I see you
But you're like the moon-
I can't feel you

Watching you die away
And slowly melt into the background

You're the cruel wind
breaking not my hands and feet
but my heart along with the floating leaves

I am alone again
with petals of broken hearts at my feet
I walk away
stepping not on pieces of shattered dreams