Friday, March 12, 2004

Prozac Nation. Young and Depressed in America.

It starts off with " I start to get the feeling that something is really wrong. Like all the drugs put together-- the lithium, the Prozac, the desipramine, and Desyrel that i take to sleep at night-- can no longer combat whatever it is that was wrong with me in the first place. I feel like a defective model, like i came off the assembly line flat-out fucked and my parents should have taken me back for repairs before the warranty ran out."


The depression this girl goes through, her overly positive attitude of her sexual awakening and her jerk dad. It really captured my heart. Simple words, bombastic feelings. How would you feel if everytime you thought you can do it, you can get yourself out the depression bout and yet you sank further each time?


"i woke up this morning afraid i was gonna live."